Friday, May 30, 2008

Energy bars!

I've started making my own snack/energy bars - thanks to a recipe from Jessica! I'll be experimenting over the next few tries to see how to tweak them for more protein, or less calories, different flavors, etc.

Here is the base recipe:

Turn on oven, preheat to 325.

3/4 cup cocoa
3/4 cup peanut butter
3/4 cup honey
3 cups oats - NOT the instant kind

Mix well. Bake 10-12 minutes. If you cut them into 12 squares, each should be about 250 calories. Store in the fridge!

Got any quick snack recipes to share? What about things that you make ahead of time and enjoy throughout the week?

2 comments:

Megan said...

Frozen grapes! Frozen grapes! Not only does it make them last longer, it's a tasty cool treat for the summer.

Mariah said...

Ok, so I struck out with my last post about diet soda... but... I am obsessed with this daily e-mail and I just purchased the cookbook. Don't let the name scare you, men are welcome and are obviously hungry to the same degree that women are (if not more)... I think I might write her to have her think about that one... anyway, check it out and maybe subscribe to the daily e-mails if you find the recipes to be useful!

http://www.hungry-girl.com/

Hope all is well! Miss ya here in the Lou.