Sunday, December 23, 2007

Ruminations on 2007 from a 27 year old


Well, I'm 27. Three cubed. Fun. I had a wonderful surprise birthday thrown for me by some very close friends, and it was awesome! I almost didn't show because I am sick. But, I showed, had a great time, and it was totally worth feeling this shitty today. They did a great job.

I heard from unexpected people this year - my date from the Christmas party, whom I didn't know until that night. My ex's sisters. A few newer friends in Columbia, and of course those who were at my party. That was very nice of all of them. I always worry, that despite having friends, I won't hear from any of them on my birthday. I like to matter to people. Lacking in contact were some high profile friends. Perhaps they were busy. Perhaps not. I'll hear from them soon. It's funny, but I think about that stuff.

I got a new tie from my parents, along with a gift card and my Green Bay Packers v Chiefs tickets (the game was about a month ago). Love it all.

I shaved my beard. This had not taken place since November 1999.

So, hopefully you'll be seeing more posts in 2008. I think I have more direction for my blog, and I'm looking forward to creating more posts.

Coming shortly, I hope to post:

Synopsis of 2007
Goals for 2008
Posts relating to what I talked about in my first post.

Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: