Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Specifics

So, I've nailed down some specifics in the finance area:

MOHELA: $7,321.95 @ 9% = $78/month
Direct Loan: $4,238.57 @ 7.22% = $65/month
AG Loan: $6,776.52 @ 9.990% = $204/month
Credit card: $1,544.36 @ 11.99% =?/month

Alright. There ya are. All my debt - excluding my mortgage. Now, I need a plan to kick that debt in the debt-hole. What's the plan? Well first, I need to refi that AG loan through the City of Columbia. For those of you who don't know, I feel like I'm now officially a homeowner as I had to install all new heating and cooling in my house. Ductwork, heat pump, furnace, A/C, etc. Awesome times. Apparently people don't just give you those things for free if you're freezing in your home. Interesting.

At any rate, I have enough cash on hand to knock out the credit card debt in a month or two. No worries there. Then, it's going in the freezer. Really. After that, I think I can refi the heat loan through the City at 2-3% interest. Thank God the City is liberally green. They provide low-interest loans for these type of home improvements. Thanks Al Gore.

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm not crumbling under the weight of monthly payments. I can afford the current rates, but surely there is a better way, right? Combine them all at a low rate? Use the Snowball Repayment Method? Get another job? :)

If you don't have any recommendations, maybe you can at least commiserate with me?

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

well, i'm giving up pedicures until summer. that's a good place to start cutting back on monthly expenses...