Saturday, January 12, 2008

Thursday mornings

My first song recommendation this post is a Josh Ritter song(s). This guy is amazing. If you aren't listening to him, you should be! So, check out my favorite -- "Good Man." You may know his new single "To the Dogs or Whoever," or give a close listen to one with some haunting lyrics - "The Temptation of Adam." The end of the world has never sounded so beautiful.


So, one of the things I've begun in 2008 is meeting up with a couple of friends for breakfast on Thursday mornings. We've had 2 meetings so far and I enjoy them. This is helping me establish my morning routines and we end up having insightful conversation. 1st meeting was about our goals for 2007. I think it helps to have people know what you're trying to accomplish - it makes me feel accountable to others besides just myself. Second meeting we talked about FairTax - heady, exciting stuff ;) It's a great concept - get paid your entire paycheck, pay taxes only on consumption on new items - but can it garner enough interest from people to convince our politicians to commit resources for a real analysis of it's efficacy? Who knows.

That's all for now. Enjoy the tunes, excuse my ramblings.

1 comment:

Megan said...

You're such a slacker. You're just now setting goals for 2007? Good thing it's over. ;o) I know, I KNOW, it's just a typo. It's fun to be a brat.