Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Today's accomplishments

So, I was up late last night. I decided I was going to kick today's ass, tired or not. I had an unbelievably productive day at work, followed by a 1.5 mile run/walk, stretching, sit-ups, back exercises, unloading the dishwasher, and a jaunt to the grocery store. I was feeling so chipper, I bought a mango. Say it with me. Mango.

Right now, I have that kind of feeling that if I attempted just about anything, I'd be successful. Too bad tonight's activities only include eating dinner, doing laundry, and ironing tomorrow's clothes. Oh oh, and I might even make tomorrow's lunch tonight. Why can't I have had a date planned for tonight or something? Ceteris paribus, que sera, sera.

Take that, day!

3 comments:

Megan said...

I love mangoes. I'm highly addicted, but I have to say, I'm disappointed in them at the moment. I don't think it's mango season, so they're not as tasty and delicious as they are in the summer. I would eat 2 or 3 a week back in August. I even have a mango slicer. Mmm....

Carolyn said...

"you can't have the mango!"

If I was there or you were in Appleton (what?), I'd suggest Wednesday night Project Runway dinner nights. Kind of a continuation of Queer Eye nights. Good times at Ashland Manor.

Megan said...

Mmm, mango slicer. Kind of like an apple slicer...only for mangoes. I've found it to be somewhat difficult, b/c you practically have to line the seed up perfectly. And we all know how oddly shaped mangoes can get...